|Born: 25 Feb 1784||Died:||Married: Joseph Pocock||Mother: Hannah||Father: Thomas Coxhead||Descendant: Hannah Pocock|
Edith Coxhead was also known as Eddy, and this was the name used in the 1841 census and her marriage.
Edith Coxhead was baptised on the 25th February 1784, at Kintbury, Berkshire. Her parents were Thomas and Hannah Coxhead. However, her death registration would indicate that she was born earlier, around 1779.
Eddy Coxhead married Joseph Pocock in 27th July 1807 at Thatcham, Berkshire, England.
- William Pocock, b.~1808 (Thatcham) - living next to Edith in 1861.
- Hannah Pocock c. 2nd June 1811, in Thatcham, Berkshire (Joseph & Edith)
- Harriet Pocock, c.11 Jun 1815, Thatcham, Berkshire (Joseph & Edith)
- Elizabeth Pocock, c. 23 Jan 1820, Thatcham, Berkshire (Joseph & Edith)
- Ann Pocock, c. 8 Feb 1824, Thatcham, Berkshire (Joseph & Edith)
- Joseph Pocock, b.~1829, c. 21 Feb 1830, Thatcham, Berkshire (Joseph & Edith)
- Maria Pocock, c. 28 Nov 1830, Thatcham, Berkshire (--- & Edith)
Unknown relationship (living with them in 1841):
- Harriet Pocock ~ 1838
- Maria Pocock ~ 1831
- Alfred Pocock ~ 1840 (Thatcham)
- Ann Pocock ~ 1842-44 (Thatcham)
- William Pocock ~ 1848 (Thatcham)
- Alfred Pocock (Great-grandson) ~1860 (Thatcham)
On the night of 7 April 1861, Eddy Pocock is a widow, living with her grandchildren at Ashmore Green, Thatcham, Berkshire.
Next-door is the family of a William Pocock, likely her son, but I can find no record of his birth. He appears to have married an Elizabeth Mumford in 1843, when he records his father as a Joseph Pocock.
Edith Pocock's death was registered in the first quarter of 1868 at Newbury (Vol: 2c, Page:134), she was 89.