|Born: 4 Jun 1781||Died: 24 March 1854||Married: Edith Coxhead||Mother: Mary||Father: Moses Pocock||Descendant: Hannah Pocock|
Joseph Pocock was christened on the 4th June 1781 in Bucklebury, Berkshire. His parents were Moses and Mary Pocock.
Joseph Pocock married Eddy Coxhead in 27th July 1807 at Thatcham, Berkshire, England.
- William Pocock, b. ~1808 (Thatcham)
- Hannah Pocock c. 2nd June 1811, in Thatcham, Berkshire (Joseph & Edith)
- Harriet Pocock, c.11 Jun 1815, Thatcham, Berkshire (Joseph & Edith)
- Elizabeth Pocock, c. 23 Jan 1820, Thatcham, Berkshire (Joseph & Edith)
- Ann Pocock, c. 8 Feb 1824, Thatcham, Berkshire (Joseph & Edith)
- Joseph Pocock, b.~1829, c. 21 Feb 1830, Thatcham, Berkshire (Joseph & Edith)
- Maria Pocock, c. 28 Nov 1830, Thatcham, Berkshire (--- & Edith)
Unknown relationship (living with them in 1841):
- Harriet Pocock ~ 1838
- Maria Pocock ~ 1831
- Alfred Pocock ~ 1840 (Thatcham)
- Ann Pocock ~ 1842-44 (Thatcham)
- William Pocock ~ 1848 (Thatcham)
- Alfred Pocock (Great-grandson) ~1860 (Thatcham)
In 1851 Joseph was living with his wife Edith at Ashmore Green, Thatcham, Berkshire. He was 69 years old, and a pauper/agricultural labourer. With them were their grand-daughters Maria Pocock (20) and Ann Pocock (7).
Joseph Pocock died on 24 Mar 1854 at Ashmore Green, Thatcham, Berkshire, England.
He was 72 years old, a labourer; Debility, Bronchitis two months certified;
Registered on 31 Mar 1854, by Sarah Hawkins, present at the death, Ashmore Green Thatcham.
Joseph died sometime before 1861, as his wife was listed as a widow in the 1861 census.
BMD:D Q1,1854, at Newbury (Vol 2c, Page 134).