|Born: 6 Mar 1814||Died: 26 Oct 1884||Married: Matthew Bartlett||Mother: Elizabeth Mary King||Father: Jasper Taylor||Descendant: Elizabeth Bartlett|
Emma King Taylor was the mother of Elizabeth Mary King Bartlett.
Their abode was given as 17 Holborn. Jasper Taylor was an Oilman.
Emma King Taylor married Matthew Thomas Bartlett on the 2nd June 1840 at Epping in Essex.
It was registered in Apr-May-June 1840 at Epping, Vol. 12, Page 151.
Living with them are Emma's sister Priscilla, and her mother Elizabeth.
Emma King Taylor had the following children with Matthew Thomas Bartlett:
- Robert Cheek Bartlett, 18 Mar 1841, c. 9 Jun 1841 St. Mark's Kennington, Surrey.
- Matthew Thomas Bartlett, 24 Mar 1843, c. 27 Oct 1843 St. Mark's Kennington, Surrey.
- Elizabeth Mary King Bartlett, born 13 Aug 1844, baptized 11 Sep 1844 at St. Mark's Kennington, Surrey.
- Priscilla Jane Bartlett, b. 4 May 1846, c.27 May 1846 St. Mark's, Kennington, Surrey
- Henry Philip Bartlett, 23 Mar 1848, c. 12 Apr 1848 St.Mark's, Kennington, Surrey.
- Jasper Taylor Bartlett, 25 Mar 1850, c.19 Apr 1850 St. Mark's, Kennington, Surrey.
- Emma Frances Bartlett, c. 15 Jun 1853 Reigate, Surrey
- Charlotte Taylor Bartlett, c. 22 Aug 1855 Reigate, Surrey
- Alice Anne Bartlett, c.30 Oct 1857 Reigate, Surrey
They had a house servant and a nurse maid. He was a traveller with the manchester woollen trade.
On the night of 3 April 1881 Emma Bartlett was the head of the household at Shenstone Terrace, Crayford, Kent. She lived there with her sister Priscilla, her unmarried daughter Alice, and her granddaughter Fanny Bartlett.
Emma King Bartlett (widow) died aged 70 at Bexley Heath on the 26th October 1884, and was buried in the burial grounds of Bexley Heath cemetery on the 30th October 1884.
Her death was registered in Dartford, Kent in the quarter Oct-Nov-Dec 1884 (Vol. 2a, Page 253).
Probate was listed as:
BARTLETT Emma King (Personal Estate £438 13s. 6d.) 12 November 1884. The Will of Emily King Bartlett late of Bexley Heath in the County of Kent Widow who died 26 October 1884 at Bexley Heath was proved at the Principal Registry by Emma Frances Bartlett of Bexley Heath Spinster the Daughter one of the Executors.