|Born: 5 Dec 1819||Died:||Married: James Butcher||Mother: Eilzabeth||Father: William Prebble||Descendant: William Butcher|
Eliza was baptised on the 5th December 1819, at the parish church of Mersham, Kent. Her parents were William Prebble and Elizabeth Prebble.
Eliza Prebble married James Butcher and was registered in Q4, 1844 at Kensington, London (Vol 3, pp. 276) (certificate on order)
|1844. Marriage solemnized at St John's Church in the Parish of Paddington in the County of Middlesex|
|When Married.||Name and Surname.||Age||Condition.||Rank or Profession||Residence at the Time of Marriage||Father's Name and Surname||Rank or Profession of Father|
1844 November the Second
|James Butcher||Of full age||Bachelor||Carpenter||21 Titchborn Street||James Butcher||Carpenterr|
|Eliza Prebble||Of full age||Spinster||21 Titchborn Street||William Prebble||Brewer|
|Married in the Saint John's Church according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Established Church after banns by me, P.J.Overy, Curate|
|This marriage was solemnized between us||James Butcher||In the Presence of us||Charles Prebble|
|Eliza Prebble||Emily Thatcher|
By the night of 2 April 1871 they have moved to 3 Upper Denmark Street, Ashford, Kent, where Eliza will also be residing on the night of 3 April 1881 and the night of 5 April 1891, but by 1891 they are alone in the house.
Today 3 Upper Denmark Road can be seen to not be a very big house - a small terraced house, next to #1 which is set on a corner and is currently a fish and chip shop.
Eliza had the following children with James:
- William (b. ~1845, c. 2nd Nov 1845, Kingsnorth, Kent)
- James Prebble (c. 4 Oct 1846, Kingsnorth, Kent)
- Ellen (c. 12 July 1848, Mersham, Kent)
- Eliza ( b. ~1850 Warehorn, Kent, c. 10 March 1850, Mersham, Kent)
- Emily Mary (c. 18 Dec 1853, Woodchurch, Kent)
Eliza was buried on the 30th May 1891 at St Mary's church, Ashford, Kent. She was 71 years old.
Registered in W. Ashford, Vol 2a, page 514, Q2 1891.
These are likely to be unrelated children, who just also happen to have parents called James and Eliza Butcher, that some people erroneously list as being their children:
- Alfred (c. 7 April 1844, Selling, Kent)
- Tom (c. 9 June 1850, Aldington, Kent) - living with different family in Aldington in 1861
- Louisa (c. 15 Feb 1852, Aldington, Kent) - living with different family in Aldington in 1861
- Maria Snoad (c. 22 Jan 1854, Aldington, Kent) - living with different family in Aldington in 1861