Current Area of Research
I'm currently working on filling out the Francis Tree on the Butcher/Bartlett side, interesting things this week:
- Jasper Taylor sold Royal Sauce nationwide.
- Matthew Bartlett and his son had their hats knocked off on the train to Brighton.
- A few years later Matthew Bartlett was a key witness in a forgery scandal.
Previous Areas of Research
Previously I was working on the Richardson Tree, interesting things found:
- Samuel Curteis was a Reverend Doctor.
- John Angus Walmisley saved Westminster abbey from burning down.
- Pelham Richardson was given the freedom of the city (his father was James Mallcott Richardson).
- Lieutenant Colonel William Lambert (father of Anna Maria) at the time of writing his will owed 2 pints of ketchup.
- George Engleheart turns out to have been a very famous miniature portrait painter to the rich and famous.
There is a new Locations page, listing places and who lived there.
Francis Family Website
This web site has been set up to list the results of a search to find Hedley and Fenella Francis's family trees.
We've only just started, we'll probably only concentrate on a branch at a time, and we'll probably take a while to get the technology right for displaying the results - but at least it's a start!
The old website is still available while I move all the data over.
There are clickable family trees for: