|Born: 1st April 1886||Died:||Married: Wyndham Carter||Mother: Charlotte Garlinge||Father: George Fox||Descendant: Eve Carter|
Womenswold is about 5 miles north-west of Dover (halfway to Canterbury from Dover) and about 2 miles south-west from the village of Nonington.
In 1901 she was 15 years old, still living with her parents in Woolwich Green, but now only one sister remains, and her niece and nephew.
The photo on the right would have been taken around 1913-14 based on the age of Margaret.
Mabel Louisa Agnes Fox was baptised on the 15th August 1886 in the parish of Wymynswold, Kent. Her parents were George and Charlotte Fox, from Woolwich Green, Womenswold. Her father George was a labourer.
She married Wyndham George Carter on the 12th January 1910 at the register office.
|1910. Marriage solemnized at the Register Office in the District of Bridge in the Counties of Kent & Canterbury|
|When Married.||Name and Surname.||Age||Condition.||Rank or Profession||Residence at the Time of Marriage||Father's Name and Surname||Rank or Profession of Father|
Twelfth January 1910
|Whyndon George Carter||25 years||Bachelor||Farm Labourer||Barhau||William John Carter||Farm Labourer|
|Mabel Louisa Agnes Fox||28 years||Spinster||---------||Barhau||George Fox (deceased)||Farm Labourer|
|Married in the Register Office by certificate before me ? Croft, Registrar|
|This marriage was solemnized between us||Whyndon George Carter||In the Presence of us||Charlotte Fox|
|Mabel Louisa Agnes Fox||Annie Morgan|
They had at least seven children together:
- Thomas Frederick Carter (born circa 1910, Bridge, Kent)
- Margaret Elizabeth Carter (born 17th October 1912)
- Doris J. Carter (born circa 1914, Bridge, Kent)
- Kathleen M. Carter (born circa 1916, Bridge, Kent)
- Violet M. Carter (born circa 1918, Bridge, Kent)
- Winifred A. Carter (born circa 1920, Bridge, Kent)
- Eve Carter (born 15th May 1923, Bridge, Kent)
In 1911 she was 25 years old, now living with her husband of one year in Kingstone, Kent, she has a son Thomas. Her sister Emma is a visitor with three children. Her house has five rooms.
They had a daughter, Eve Carter on the 15th May 1923 in Kent.
In 1939 he was living at "The Bungalow", Black Robin Lane, Bridge-Blean, Kent. The residents in the house were:
- Margaret E. Carlisle, born 17th October 1912, unpaid domestic duties.
- closed record (person born after 1914 - probably Eve Carter)
- Mabel L. A. Carter, born 1st April 1886, unpaid domestic duties
- George W. Carter (Whyndam George), born 14th March 1884, Cowman and Acting Special Constable (Kent)
Their house was next door to the post office at the time, which was next door to "The Black Robin".
FreeBMD: Births, June 1886, Mabel Louisa A. Fox, born in district of Bridge (Kent), Vol 2a, Page 822.
Note: District of Bridge includes Womenswold.